I had never heard the term participatory discrepancy before starting this blog prompt but I do find it to be a very interesting concept. Going into the first recording I wasn’t sure I’d even be able to recognize it because I had such a loose understanding of what it is. The first one I listened to was Agua Que Va A Caer, in that one there is a period where there is drumming with a melodic line played on guitar over top and meter just doesn’t quite line up, but I think it was my favourite part of the whole piece. The second one I listened to was Spaced Cowboy, I found that nothing in that one seemed to fully line up and the tone difference between the vocals and instrumental was almost too much but it grew on me as it went on and the tone different became easier to listen to. Polacca, I don’t really know where to start with this one there was so much going on for so long and I think the whole thing was participatory discrepancy.  I had a really hard time getting all the way through this piece because it made me physically uncomfortable to listen to, this is because so much was happening all at once and none of it quite lined up metronomically and it was filled with different rhythms and contrasting sounds. In a lot of pieces sections of participatory discrepancy can be the more intriguing part of the piece, but I think when it is the entire piece it gets to be too much.