1. Looking back at the “bones of summer” how have you engaged or created art? If you haven’t engaged or created art, please describe why.

I have engaged in making music both on my own using various instruments and voice and with friends in my covid bubble. I have also spent a fair bit of time drawing and painting as well as knitting. I enjoy knitting when I get stressed because it gives me something mindless to do with my hands that has a clear product in the end, that and drawing give me a nice way to unwind.

1. What things, if any, surround you that you consider powerful?

I consider nature to be one thing that surrounds everyone that is very powerful. I think it is powerful because it can get torn down and still bounce back, it has the most beautiful plants and animals that can destroy anything that makes a wrong move.

1. Over the next couple of days, take note of the dominant sounds in areas that you consistently walk. What are the sounds you notice most of all? Be specific.

A lot of the time when I walk the sound of ocean waves rolling onto shore is quite prominent as well as the sound of birds whether it’s the song of something small and pretty, or more commonly seagulls squacking near the beach. There’s often a breeze that makes the leaves rustle in the trees. There’s also usually people talking and walking and the sound of cars driving by.

1. How do you relate to the phrase “free time only works if you steal it?”

I think that phrase is very accurate because if all you have is free time you stop taking advantage of it. It seems like people who keep busy always find a way to make time for the things they enjoy and appreciate the time they spend doing it whereas people who have nothing but time stop appreciating it and seem to end up having less time for things they enjoy than they did when they had more in their life.

1. Do you have any other takeaways from the film?

I think that Leslie Laskey is a great example of someone who knows what he enjoys and makes sure there is enough time in the day to do it which is something that will keep him young even well into his 90’s.